Functions of Auqaf Department as per Rules of Business, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are as under:-
1. Administration of
(a) The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Waqf Properties Ordinance, 1979; and
(b) The West Pakistan Historical Mosques Cess Fund Ordinance, 1960.
2. Charitable and Religious Endowment
3. Religious Trusts.
4. Muslims graveyard taken over by the Chief Administrator of Auqaf under section 6 of the West Pakistan Waqf Properties Ordinance, 1961.
5. Control and repair etc., of all Historical Mosques and Shrines taken over by the Auqaf Department.
6. Holding of Husn-e-Qirat competition.
7. Celebration of Seerat-un-Nabi (S.A.W) conference.
8. Convening of Ulemas and Mashaikh Conference.
9. Meeting of Ruet-e-Hilal Committee.
10. Arrangements of Mehfal-e-Shabina.
11. Reception of scholars, religious prominent figures of different Islamic countries and conduct of their tours in the Province.
12. Hajj arrangements.
13. Tabligh propagation.
14. Hajj Conference.
15. Publication of books of Islamyat.
16. Safeguarding distortion of Holy Quran.